Saturday, May 31, 2008

An Apology to Aaron Laffey

Dear Mr. Aaron Laffey,

When I made my Top 20 Pitching Prospects earlier this year, I was almost certain that I had done adequate research and had a pretty good list of the most promising hurlers in the game. Unfortunately, I left you in the cold.

I'll be the first to admit my short-sightedness. But it's not because I didn't believe in you, it's just that I hadn't heard of you and how can you include a a pitcher on a Top 20 list if you've never heard of them? I really don't have a good excuse for overlooking you, after all you were listed as the 5th best prospect in the Cleveland Indians farm system by Baseball America, but somehow your name slipped through the cracks, and your stellar performance in the minors up to this point was never given the praise it deserved.

With that in mind, I would like to retroactively bestow upon you the rank of 7.5 on my Top 20 list, right between Chris Volstad and Sean Gallagher. You, my friend, are a Caucasian Fausto Carmona, and deserve the respect of all baseball fans. With a GB% of 65%, you and Carmona will dominate the league and finally bring to light the pure essence of ground ball inducing dominance.

Once again, my deepest apologies, and best of luck to you in 2008.

Sincerely,
Adam G

No comments: