Hey guys, I apologize for not posting lately. I'm trying to balance a lot of stuff right now, but I haven't forgotten about you!
Anyways, here's the Hot Sheet from the past week as well as my comments.
1. Brett Wallace, 3b, Cardinals -- Everyone knew this guy could hit, but I was almost certain that the move to AA would slow him down a bit. Guess not. 14 for his last 35, with 3 home runs, and 4 doubles. I thought he would walk more than he has, but it's a small sample size.
2. Kyle Blanks, 1b, Padres -- Blanks is still putting up some very good numbers, but he has a huge road block in the way of his future career with the Padres who goes by the name Adrian Gonzalez. I'd love to see Gonzalez get traded to a team with a more hitter friendly ballpark and then watch Blanks take over at first base for the Pads.
3. James Darnell, 3b, Padres -- Good numbers, but I'll still not sure about Darnell. Wait until we see him against A or AA ball pitching.
4. Brian Bogusevic, CF, Astros -- Why was this guy pitching for so long when he could swing the bat like he has over the past couple of weeks? Maybe he's just on a hot streak, but maybe not. The next Rick Ankiel? Who knows (but probably not).
5. Pedro Baez, 3b, Dodgers -- A few good weeks of production don't compensate for being 20 years old and struggling to escape rookie ball.
6. Buster Posey, C, Giants -- Posey will hit where ever he goes, but why didn't the Giants start him at low A instead of the AZL League?
7. Ivan DeJesus, 2b/SS, Dodgers -- The Dodgers need young middle infield talent, but I'm not real high on DeJesus. Good skills, but he won't be a star.
8. Kris Medlen, rhp, Braves -- There isn't much to look forward to if you're a Braves fan, so let's hope Medlen keeps up the good work and makes it to the big leagues in a year or so. My only concern is his GB%, which has dive-bombed since moving to a starting role.
9. Brad Holt, rhp, Mets -- Why is Holt still in short-season rookie ball? Move him up already so we can see him against some better competition.
10. Neftali Soto, 3b, Reds -- Good stick, but will he play at third? If I'm the Reds, I'm looking for more power.
11. Madison Bumgarner, lhp, Giants -- Bumgarner absolutely owns the Hot Sheet. It should be called the "Bumgarner Sheet."
12. Wade Davis, rhp, Rays -- Glad to see Davis pick it up in AAA.
13. Wilson Ramos, C, Twins -- Joe Mauer need not fear Senor Ramos.
That's it folks. I'll post more tomorrow if I get a chance.