Sunday, February 3, 2008

Eye Heart Pecota


The Pecota Projections for 2008 are slowly leaking out, and though I don't have a subscription, through google searches and other blogs I've been able to dig up projections for some of the guys I'm watching. I'm still considering signing up so I can just use Pecota whenever I feel like it, but between the free info bouncing around the internet and my own stat formulas I think I should be able to get all the information I want. I really like Pecota though and I think it's a fantastic system, I'm just too poor right now to pay for it. Maybe next year, or maybe three years from now when I get a real job.

Here's what I've been able to find on some of the big name guys so far:

Alex Gordon: Bluh...more of the same.

Ryan Zimmerman: Watch out, he could be big

Felix Pie and Lastings Milledge: Expect good showings

Wily Mo: 30+ home runs?

Dontrelle Willis: Not as bad as last year

Felix Hernandez: He'll get better, but still won't meet expectations

Johan Santana: Sub 3.00 ERA, lots of K's

Colby Rasmus: .245/.327/.437...whoa...

Pujols: Biggest, baddest mama-jamma ever

Rick Ankiel: 30+ home runs

Ryan Braun: Dude's for real

Dustin Pedroia: .288/.353/.420, not bad, not good, about right

Joba: 3.39 ERA out of the pen

Lincecum: 3.58 ERA, but doesn't go past 150 IP

Yovani Gallardo: 3.88 ERA

Chad Billingsley: 3.96 ERA

As more info leaks out I'll try and keep you all updated. Or, if you have anything you'd like to add, feel free to leave comments.

No comments: