Saturday, March 15, 2008

Steve Pearce Homer, Daric Barton Power Potential

I have info from reliable sources (really just espn.com) that Steve Pearce has hit another dinger today, giving him 4 for Spring Training. His average has tailed off a little bit, but I think that might have to do with him getting fewer at-bats and spending more time working on his new position in the outfield. Overall, I like what I see from him and I'm pretty sure the Pirates do, too.


Daric Barton has a couple of home runs since coming back from his short DL stint, and I think that his power surge in September last year might carry over into this season. If he keeps it up, he could be a 20-30 homerun hitter way before I expected him to be, and with his ability to hit for average he could be a very popular player in Oakland, as well as across the nation. I like his chances, but I'm still a little unsure about his ability to stay healthy. I guess we'll see.

No comments: