Friday, July 18, 2008

Baseball America Hot Sheet

I have just a few thoughts on the Hot Sheet this week, so I'll get down to business and make it fast.

Engel Beltre -- I like his overall skill set, but I'm not really interested in his overall potential. He compares well to Torii Hunter, but I don't think he'll be an impact player in the majors.

Freddie Freeman -- Of course Freddie made the Hot Sheet. He's friggin' hot right now! But his splits against lefties have only gotten worse.

Madison Bumgarner -- It's about time Bumgarner made the Hot Sheet, and if you know what's good for you, you'll pay close attention to this kid.

Hank Conger -- While his 5 home runs in 2 games is very impressive, I'm interested to see how much power he really develops this year. He gots lots of above average tools, and could follow a path similar to David Wright.

Nick Weglarz -- It was nice to see Weglarz on this list. He's been overlooked for a while, but if he wants to make it in the majors he'll need to work on being a better contact hitter.

That's all for now.

No comments: